Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Yeah, her face is sort of clean and bright, in that way that only people with money have a clean and bright face."

Meredith was eating cereal with a soup spoon. She looked at Rachel with a wide-eyed expression.

"Huh." She choked a little and looked at the back of the box of Fruity Pebbles. After a bit, she decided to swallow what she had just spit up.

"Yeah, but, I would like to think her money doesn't make her a bad person. Same for her face. Maybe I'm an optimist."

"I wasn't saying that. Not at all. I don't know. You know what I mean. I was just making a comment about her face. And, no, you're not an optimist."

Rachel messed around with the magnets on the fridge, and then opened it and stared intently at the back of the fridge. There was a very old bottle of cheap white wine, which she grabbed and took a swig of. She swished it around in her mouth for a bit and then spit it right back into the bottle.

No comments: