Friday, July 11, 2008

tonight

I rode the Q train home and read a book. I looked up and saw a girl reading "Glamor" and thought to myself, "I am glad I don't read things like Glamor, or Vogue." Not that I think I am better than anyone who reads those magazines. I'm sure fine people read those magazines. I am sure people I like, maybe one of my friends, reads one of those magazines. I am just really glad I don't. No judgment. I was just very pleased to be me for a little bit.

I'm reading short stories by Lydia Davis right now. I really liked the one about wanting to marry a cowboy. I bought herbal anxiety medicine for my cat today. Society is weird. It is weird that I can buy herbal anxiety medicine for my cat.

3 comments:

ryan said...

the next night we ate kale

Tao Lin said...

i drank over 80 ounces of vegetable juice at angelica today and ate a salad and came home and ate a watermelon, i am going to eat avocado wrapped in nori rolls now

K Ginger said...

tao, really good job. after I ate that bagel I felt horrible and never want to eat wheat again. I had that granola I bought with you and some blueberries this morning and felt so much better. Blueberries are in season. I'm so happy.



ryan

the next night we made bail