Saturday, July 19, 2008

curiosity

There is someone outside of my window sifting through my trash and all I can really wonder is if they can see me through the fan or not.

---->

I have been thinking about Kalamazoo a lot, and I still miss so many people. I miss how quiet things would get, and I remember moments (night bike rides and walks, mostly) because they don't happen here like they did there. But, the city is a great place to be. It was a 30 minute bus ride to the beach today and then a friend drove us back through all the southern neighborhoods I never get to see. I am sunburned. We walked slowly into the apartment and I wished we were at the beach again. If I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, I would go back. My mouth is salty and I can feel the waves. I can hear them, too. I never really think of them so much as a crash, but as a fizzle between the rocks. All those bubbles! And a million dead jelly fish parts. I found a few shells. Tonight is a full moon. I am feeling many different things and finished a book and have the nervous excitement of picking out my next book to read. Change has started. Falling into the seasons, the gradual shift from heat to breeze to snow to breeze to heat.

No comments: