Wednesday, August 6, 2008

repeat

Today I have listened to the same song seven, or possibly eight times. I listened to it three or four times yesterday. I get rather obsessive sometimes. But the words are so perfect. And then the piano, like you could almost miss it the first few times.


The stage is set
Someone's going to do something someone else will regret
I speak in smoke signals and you answer in code
The fuse will have to run out sometime
Something here will eventually have to explode
Have to explode


I sat in the kitchen with my roommate until four a.m. It never feels like babbling. We laughed at mistakes made earlier this year, when summer seemed so possible and we wanted something to happen, so we forced nothing into something, but I think the difference is more clear now.

1 comment:

Zachary German said...

i listen to that song many times a day also

i am listening to a playlist i just made, it is coming up

good job